Megan Daic is the Founder and Owner of Daic Law. She started Daic Law with one main goal in mind: to create a client-oriented law firm that focuses on the needs of people in the community. She understands that life can be difficult at times, and there are unexpected situations and tragedies that people are forced to confront on a day-to-day basis. Megan’s hope in starting this firm was and is to help people during their time of need and make the process as simple and clear as possible. Whether you have been sued by a creditor, you need someone to review and edit a contract, you need help starting your own business, or you or a loved one has been injured in an automobile accident, Megan wants to talk with you and help devise a plan to address your needs.
Prior to practicing law, Megan received a Bachelor of Arts in Government from The University of Texas at Austin and moved to Washington, D.C. to intern on Capitol Hill. She wanted to learn how to make positive change within her community, and she gained valuable experience on the Hill and while working as a Junior Research Analyst for a political polling firm. Following her short stint in D.C., she returned to Texas and took graduate courses in International Affairs at Texas A&M’s Bush School of Government and Public Service.
Following her desire to help others, she then worked for national non-profit organizations that focused on the areas of healthcare and education.
Megan attended the University of Houston Law Center (UHLC) where she obtained her Juris Doctor. While at UHLC she participated in various organizations, including the Blakely Advocacy Institute’s Interscholastic Mock Trial Team.
A good storyteller knows that the key to any good story is to be able to explain ideas in simple, uncomplicated ways. I firmly believe that in the practice of law, one of our main priorities should be making things as simple and uncomplicated as possible. My goal is to provide our clients with clear, straightforward and simple advice, and help them achieve their [legal] goal.
Whether it be to resolve a dispute with a creditor, file bankruptcy, file a personal injury claim, or start a new business, I want to help people navigate the “legal waters” and provide them with the support and guidance that they deserve.
University of Houston Law Center, J.D.
University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts in Government; Minor in Spanish and Texas Interdisciplinary Plan
State Bar of Texas
Southern District of Texas
Northern District of Texas
Eastern District of Texas
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors 2014 – Present; Big League Bash Chair 2015 – Present; Executive Committee Chair 2014 – 2015; 2019 -2021; Communications Co-Chair 2021 – Present.
- Houston Trial Lawyers Foundation, President 2017 – 2019; Board of Directors 2014 – Present
- American Association for Justice, Member and Student Trial Advocacy Competition Coordinator 2014 – Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member 2014 – Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Advocates Board 2017 – Present
- University of Houston Interscholastic Mock Trial Team, Assistant Coach 2015 – 2016
- University of Houston Alternative Dispute Resolution Team, Assistant Coach 2016 – Present; Director 2017 – Present
- University of Houston Law Center, Adjunct Professor 2017 – Present
- University of Houston Upper Level Mentoring Program, Mentor 2016 – 2017; 2019 – 2020
- University of Houston Phi Alpha Delta, Guest Speaker 2016
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member 2013 – 2015, 2019 – 2020
- Houston Bar Association, Member 2013 – Present
- Garland Walker Inns of Court, Member 2014 – 2016
- H Texas Magazine Top Lawyer 2015
- American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys 10 Best “Client Satisfaction” 2016
- Houstonia Magazine Top Lawyer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021
- Texas Super Lawyers – Rising Star 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
- Published in The Houston Lawyer magazine, “Mentoring through HTLF” 2016
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association Rising Star 2017
- 2018 TTLA Car Wrecks CLE, Moderator and Speaker 2018
- 2018 Texas Women Rainmakers CLE, Quick Fire Speaker 2018
- 2018 American Bar Association Law Student Division Negotiation Competition, Competition Chair 2018
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Women’s Caucus Chair 2020 – 2021
- 2020 TTLA Car Wrecks CLE, CLE Committee Member 2019 – 2020
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow 2019 – Present
- Association of Women Attorneys, Member 2019 – 2020
- South Asian Bar Association of Houston, Member 2019 – 2020
- Mexican American Bar Association of Houston, Member 2019 – 2020
- HBA ADR Section, At-Large Council Member 2021 – Present
- Student Bar Association, President and Large Events Chair
- The Advocates, Vice-Chair of Finance and Membership Chair
- Labor & Employment Law Organization, Treasurer
- Office of Admissions, Student Mentor
- Honor Court, Chief Student Representative
- Sports & Entertainment Law Organization, Representative
- Blakely Advocacy Institute’s Interscholastic Mock Trial Team, Member
- White Collar Semi-Finalist (two years in a row) in Washington, D.C.
- Lonestar in San Antonio, Texas
- South Texas Challenge, Runner Up Best Trial Brief in Houston, Texas
- National Trial Competition, Quarter-Finalist in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- CACJ in San Francisco, California
- University of Houston Law Center’s Hippard Novice, Champion
- University of Houston Law Center’s Hippard Open, Finalist
Awards & Honors
- Order of Barristers
- Distinguished Service Award
- Garland Walker Inns of Court
- Class of ’89 Service Award
- Blakely Fellowship
- Dean’s Law Scholarship
- Graduate Student of the Year