Have you recently found yourself with mounting debt? Maybe debt collectors are harassing you, or have a lawsuit against you. Any of these situations can be overwhelming. That’s why it is important to know when it’s time to call a Montgomery debt defense attorney for help.
When to Call a Montgomery Debt Defense Attorney
It’s perfectly normal to be anxious when it comes to debt. The good news, however, is that you don’t have to manage debt-related situations alone. Call a Montgomery debt defense attorney if you find yourself in any of the following situations:
Debt Collector Harassment
Debt collectors are notorious for harassing behaviors. But did you know that there are laws and guidelines that they must adhere to? If you are getting multiple calls per day, calls at work, or threatening communications, it’s time to call in a Montgomery debt defense attorney.
An attorney can help put a stop to the harassment. They will make sure that your legal rights are protected, and that you have every available option to resolve your debt without the hassle of dealing with the debt collectors yourself.
Sometimes, life just gets overwhelming. Changing jobs, medical problems, layoffs, marital changes, having a baby – these are just a few of the major life events that can create debt and cause stress on your finances. If you have reviewed your situation and still cannot find a way to get ahead, a debt defense attorney may be able to help.
Often, a debt defense attorney can help you at least negotiate an affordable payment plan with creditors to help you stay financially stable. In cases where you simply cannot stay afloat, bankruptcy may be a viable option.
Threatening Legal Action
If a creditor or debt collector is threatening legal action, or has file a lawsuit against you, it is definitely time to contact a Montgomery debt defense attorney. Attempting to resolve a lawsuit on your own is challenging. Most people are simply unaware of how the court system works, or what their legal rights are as consumers. Even those who are more savvy may not know all available options for resolving a debt collection lawsuit.
If you are being threatened with legal action, a debt defense attorney can help you resolve your debt issues before the court gets involved. If a lawsuit has already been filed, then an attorney can help you respond to the suit and determine the best way to resolve the case in your favor.
Why Contact a Debt Defense Attorney
Hesitant to contact a Montgomery debt defense attorney? Here are a handful of reasons why having an attorney on your side can make a big difference in your case:
- A debt defense attorney has in-depth knowledge of state and federal debt laws.
- An attorney is familiar with the courts and legal processes in your state.
- A debt defense attorney can help you overcome obstacles on your path to debt resolution.
- An attorney will carefully assess your case, needs, and goals and will help you find the most suitable route for resolution.
- Having a skilled debt defense lawyer on your side greatly improves your chances of a successful resolution.
Isn’t Hiring an Attorney Expensive?
Hiring an attorney can be expensive, but most debt defense attorneys are aware of your financial situation and aim to make their services affordable. At Daic Law, for example, we offer convenient payment plan options based on your budget and the overall cost of our services. We never want to be a financial burden on you. Our goal is to help you find financial relief.
Things to Do Before Calling an Attorney
If you are considering calling an attorney, there are some things you can do ahead of time to be as prepared as possible. Before you call, gather together the following:
- All paperwork related to your original debt (loan paperwork, credit applications, etc.).
- All mailed or emailed correspondence between you and the creditor.
- If your debt was sold to a debt buyer, make sure you have their contact information and any correspondence with them.
- Notes of any telephones calls you have received.
- Call logs showing when and how often debt collectors have called you.
- A list of questions you have about your legal rights as a consumer.
- A list of questions you have about your specific case.
- Any relevant witness information, such as a spouse, co-signer, etc.
Once you have these items together – at least as much as possible – contact a Montgomery debt defense attorney to get on your way.
Why Choose Daic Law?
Part of what makes a legal case successful is finding the right attorney for your needs. At Daic Law, all we do is debt defense law. We have helped hundreds of clients all over Texas fight back against debt collectors and protect their rights after being sued. Our passion is finding simple and affordable solutions that help clients regain their financial security and peace of mind.
Want to learn more? Call Daic Law at 877-893-6040, text us at (281) 957-3271, or email us at email@example.com.