If you are struggling with debt, you may be looking for debt settlement options. You are not alone! In fact, the average American has nearly $90,000 in debt. And while debt is often manageable by making regular payments, sometimes things get out of control. If your debt situation seems out of control, a Houston debt settlement attorney can help.
Many people are afraid of hiring a lawyer or challenging a creditor. But the reality is that debt settlement attorneys exist to help consumers protect their rights and secure a better financial position.
What Does it Mean to Settle a Debt?
To settle a debt is to negotiate with your creditors to reach an amicable solution to your debt. Often, negotiations result in affordable payment plans, less interest or fees, or a reduced total amount due. Creditors often are willing to negotiate because a settlement results in some collection of debt, whereas a default or bankruptcy would result in little if any recovery.
Do I Need Professional Legal Help?
Many people who are battling debt don’t realize that they could benefit from professional legal help. Sure, an accountant can help you manage your finances. But can your accountant account for potential legal risks? Is your accountant skilled at negotiating with creditors? Most likely, the answer to these questions is ‘no’.
While most people can handle small debts and negotiations on their own, there are a few situations when you definitely should contact an attorney. Those include:
- You have substantial debt: If your debt is substantial – reaching the tens of thousands of dollars – you should consider working with an attorney rather than trying to negotiate on your own.
- Your wages may be garnished: If your creditors are threatening to garnish your wages or bank account, you definitely should hire a debt settlement attorney to assess your options. An attorney may be able to help you resolve your debt without jeopardizing your financial security.
- You are being sued: If you are being sued by a creditor or debt collector it is definitely time to get professional legal help. Without legal guidance and timely response to the lawsuit, you could face a default judgment and even more debt than you originally had.
- You are considering bankruptcy: If you are considering bankruptcy to resolve your debt, then a debt settlement attorney can help. Choose an attorney who handles debt settlement and bankruptcy so you have access to useful knowledge and resources.
Why Hire a Houston Debt Settlement Attorney?
There are many benefits to working with a Houston debt settlement attorney rather than taking on creditors alone. At Daic Law, our debt defense lawyer has great negotiation skills and experience negotiating with numerous different creditors. Other benefits to hiring a debt settlement attorney include:
- A debt settlement attorney will carefully analyze your financial situation to determine possible settlement options that may work for you.
- As a skilled negotiator, an attorney will speak with creditors on your behalf. This relieves the pressure on your shoulders, and ensures that your negotiations are being taken seriously.
- Debt settlement attorneys often have experience with many types of debt, including unsecured debts like credit cards, loans, medical bills, and student loans.
- Working with a debt settlement attorney minimizes legal risk, such as your possibly being subject to a debt collection lawsuit.
Looking for Debt Settlement Help?
If you are looking for ways to resolve or relieve your debt, a Houston debt settlement attorney can help. At Daic Law, we have extensive experience helping clients find suitable debt resolution. We help clients negotiate debt, manage debt lawsuits, and protect their rights against unlawful debt collection.
Find out how we can help you by contacting us today. Our consultations are always FREE, so you have nothing to lose. Contact us by calling 877-893-6040, or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.